Follow these instructions to set up your Plume with your modem that is connected to a separate router.
- Download Plume app and sign up to start the setup.
- Restart your modem.
- Disconnect your Airport Extreme or Capsule from the modem if you wish to set up Plume as your new router and connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your modem via Ethernet cable.
Alternatively, you can also connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your Airport Extreme or Capsule via network cable to keep using it as a router.
- Set up new Wi-Fi name and password on the app.
- Plug additional pods in different rooms. You can also connect these pods via network cable in order to get stronger Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your devices (including your phone) to your new Wi-Fi wirelessly. You can also connect devices to pods or router via network cable or switch.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your Airport Extreme or Capsule Wi-Fi.