This article will guide you on how to turn off the wireless functionality of your Belkin wireless router. Follow the steps below to learn how.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the device you will use to log in is connected to your Belkin router's network.
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter "http://router" or the router's default IP address, "192.168.2.1" in the Address bar and press [Enter]. If it doesn't work, check your router's IP address.
- When the router's web-based setup page opens, click Login at the top-right corner.
- Enter your device's password on the Password field then click Submit.
- If your device is not yet configured, leave the Password field blank and click Submit.
- Click Channel and SSID.
- For Belkin Wireless-G routers, click Wireless and select Disable.
- On the Wireless Mode category, click the drop-down menu and select Off.
- For Belkin Wireless-G routers, click Channel and SSID. Then on the Wireless Mode drop-down menu, select Off.
- Click Apply Changes.