There is motion in my home, why am I not receiving notifications?
These are the most common reasons for not receiving motion alerts:
- Push notifications may have been disabled on your device.
- The motion being detected is not enough to trigger an alert.
- Alerts are triggered only if the motion event lasts at least 2 seconds (5 seconds with pet mode enabled) and within approximately 3-4 metres of a SuperPod or motion enabled device.
- The sensitivity is set too low for the amount of motion present.
- Motion Alerts have been turned off.
- Unless Smart Activation is disabled, notifications will not be sent if you and your other family members are home.
- When Smart Activation has been enabled for Motion Alerts, all Primary devices assigned to people must have disconnected from the network for at least 15 minutes. This also means that if someone leaves their primary device at home, alerts will not go out.
- Depending on your notification interval settings, not enough time has elapsed since your last alert.
Why am I still receiving motion notifications while I'm home?
Other than Smart Activation for Motion alerts not being enabled, the most common reason you may still be getting alerts while home is that Primary devices have not been assigned to people or People profiles have not been created.
Your Home / Away status is based on when all assigned primary devices have disconnected from the network. If you have not assigned any primary devices to people, your current status will always be away and notifications will always go out if there is motion.
It is also possible that if all Primary devices chosen disconnect from the network when they go to sleep (laptops, tablets, portable game consoles) or are powered off, your status will be set to away.
Why am I receiving notifications when no one is home?
The most common reasons for receiving false motion alerts when no one is in your home are:
- The motion sensitivity may be set too high or pet mode is not enabled.
- If you have pets try enabling pet mode, or try turning down the sensitivity to medium or low.
- If you more than one location, alerts are sent for all locations under your Plume account.
- Switch your app to the other location and check the Motion Today graph to see if the events displayed in that location correspond to the alert you have received.