When Sense Alerts is enabled, push notifications will be sent to your device whenever the system detects motion. You can enable these notifications to send at all times or only while nobody is at home using the Smart Activation feature.
You need to assign a Primary device to everyone to ensure Sense can properly determine if everyone has left and also enable the People notifications.
- Tap on the Sense icon on the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and open Sense Settings.
- Under Modes and Alerts, slide the Smart Activation toggle to the right if you do not wish to receive alerts while you are home.
- Under the Alerts section, you can set the minimum Time between alerts to either 1 Mins, 2 Mins, 3 Mins, or 5 Mins. This prevents you from getting too many notifications if a motion alert gets triggered immediately after another one.
- Scroll back up to the top of the screen to turn Sense alerts from ON to OFF.
- Open the main menu from the home screen and choose Sense.
- Ensure Motion Detection is on and then tap on the Smart Activation button at the bottom of the screen.
- Slide the Smart Activation toggle to the right if you do not wish to receive motion alerts while you are home.
- Go back to the home screen and tap on the Sense icon.
- Tap on the ellipses next to Sense Alerts and tap On to turn on alerts or Off to turn off alerts.
When are Sense Alert push notifications triggered?
Sense alerts will only be triggered if:
- Sense motion detection is enabled.
- Sense Alerts are enabled.
- If the Smart Activation of alerts has been enabled, everyone has left your home. (all assigned primary devices have been disconnected for 15 minutes or more)
- The motion being detected occurs for at least 2 seconds (5 seconds if pet mode is enabled), within an approximate 10'-13' radius from a motion detection device or SuperPod.
- The minimum time interval since the last alert has been met.