When enabled, Plume Motion will send push notifications to your device whenever there is a motion alert. You can enable these notifications to sent at all times or only when nobody is at home.
You need to assign a Primary device to everyone to ensure Plume motion can properly determine if everyone has left and enable the People at Home notifications.
- Tap on the Plume Motion icon on the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and open Motion Settings.
- Under Modes and Alerts, slide the Smart Activation toggle to the right if you do not wish to receive alerts when you are home.
- Under the Alerts section, you can set the minimum time between alerts to either 1 Mins, 2 Mins, 3 Mins or 5 Mins. This prevents you from getting too many notifications if a motion alert gets triggered immediately after another one.
- Scroll back up to the top of the screen to turn Motion alerts ON or OFF.
- Open the main menu from the home screen and choose Motion.
- Tap on the Home button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Smart Activation button at the bottom of the screen.
- Slide the Smart Activation toggle to the right if you do not wish to receive motion alerts when you are home.
- Go back to the home screen and tap on the Plume Motion icon.
- Tap on the ellipses next to Motion alerts and tap On to turn on alerts or Off to turn off alerts.
When are motion alert push notifications triggered?
Motion alerts will only be triggered if:
- Plume Motion is enabled.
- Motion alerts are enabled.
- If the Smart Activation condition for alerts has been set, everyone has left your home. (all assigned primary devices have been disconnected for 15 minutes or more)
- The motion being detected occurs for at least 2 seconds (5 seconds if pet mode is enabled), within an approximately 10'-13' radius from a motion detection device or SuperPod.
- The minimum time interval since the last alert has been met.