People profiles allow you to conveniently monitor and manage WiFi access for each person on the network.
During the initial setup, a profile is created automatically using the information provided during account creation. Additional people profiles allow you quickly set Content Access, Guard settings, and schedule internet freezes or set a Time out to all devices assigned to a person. You can also share access to the HomePass app with the additional people added to the network.
Devices that are not assigned to an individual person remain under the At home profile.
Adding a Person
- From the People screen, tap on the + button.
- Choose the Create a person option.
- Add a photo using the +, enter the Person name and Email (optional) and tap on Next.
- Set their Person profile information. This allows you to control Content access as well as their Guard settings for all their assigned devices while they are connected to the network.
- Tap on Done and the person will be added to the list of people.
- Use the Tap to assign device option under their card. The devices you select will apply the rules set in the previous step to those devices and allow you to monitor and manage the person's Internet usage.
- Once all devices have been selected and you tap on Done, you will be prompted to assign a Primary device, which is used to determine if they are home. Be sure to choose a device that they will always take with them.
- Tap on Done once a primary device is chosen.
Please note that creating a person using the steps above does not give them the ability to manage the network. Click here if you want to Invite a person to help you manage the network.
Removing a Person
- From the person's detail screen, tap the ⋮ on the top right-hand corner.
- Tap on Remove person which will remove the profile and historical data consumption information for that person. All previously assigned devices for that person will now be unassigned.
Note: This does not disable their access to the WiFi if they still have the password.
Follow the instructions below if you are using a version of HomePass prior to 3.91
Adding a Person
- Tap on the People or Devices button on the Home screen
- Tap on Add a Person
- Add a photo, enter the name and select the devices used by this person. Assigning devices to the person will allow you to monitor and manage Wi-Fi settings for that person.
Please note that adding a person does not give them access to your app account or passwords. It just allows you to monitor and manage Wi-Fi access for that person.
Assign a primary device to a people profile
- Tap on the people icon and choose a person.
- Ensure the device is already assigned to that person.
- Tap on Primary Device and choose a device from the list.
Assign a device to an existing person
- Navigate to the device.
- Tap on the ⋯ on the upper right-hand corner to view the device menu and select Assign Device to...
- Select the profile you'd like to assign the device to.
Remove a person
- Tap on more options on the top right-hand corner
- Tap on Remove the person which will remove the profile and historical data consumption information for that person