Devices using an altered MAC address will connect to your Plume network. However, to get the best Plume experience and guarantee device-level security and controls, we recommend you turn off Private Addresses and revert to your original Mac Address when connecting to your home network.
How to turn off Private MAC Addresses in watchOS 7 and later
- Make sure the Apple Watch is currently connected to your Plume network.
- Open the Settings app, then tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on your Plume network.
- Tap the Private MAC toggle to turn it off.
- To switch to the original hardware MAC address, turn off Wi-Fi on the device and turn it back on.
Once connected back to your Plume network using the hardware MAC address, all of the custom device or person level features such as Online protection, content access controls, Internet freeze, and People at Home will be applied to the device again.
Note: These settings will only be saved for your Plume network and your Apple Watch will continue to protect your privacy by using a Private Address when connecting other networks.