Plume makes regular updates to the cloud in order to add new features and fix issues. Most updates do not have a visible impact on the behavior of your network and new features often require updates to the Plume app for you to access them.
The updates listed below are changes that you may see affect the behavior of your network.
The following updates have been made to the Plume cloud as of Jul 31st, 2018 (version 1.28):
- Improved: Device typing accuracy has been improved
- Fixed: Device freeze issues with School Night, Bedtime, and custom end times
The following updates have been made to the Plume cloud as of June 30th, 2018 (version 1.27.2):
- New: Networks that are constantly using more than 10 Mbps will now be treated as being idle (less than 10 Mbps being used) after 4 days, so that optimizations and ISP speed tests can be run.
- Fixed: Speed test scheduling will no longer get stuck.
The following updates have been made to the Plume cloud as of April 9th, 2018 (version 1.23.2):
- Fixed: Bug causing optimization notifications to continue to report as in progress when the optimization has been completed.
- Fixed: Bug that causes Pod health status not to display correctly
The following updates have been made to the Plume cloud as of March 13th, 2018 (version 1.22):
- New: The LED on the Pods will only start to blink when topology changes start during an optimization. This stops the LED from blinking while the Pods wait for the cloud to finish calculating the new topology
- Improved: Optimizations will not change channels for small improvements in topology. This is to avoid disturbing connected devices
- Improved: Enhancements in the optimization process that will now retry failed links
- Improved: Enhancements in Client Steering that will improve user experience on Static Devices
- Fixed: Correctly report network status when it is in bridge mode
The following updates have been made to the Plume cloud as of Jan 29th, 2018 (version 1.19):
- Available now: Additional information provided when sending a network password via text, email, etc.
- Available with future app update: Freeze each device based on a template that applies only to that device.
- Fixed: Devices will now correctly report as ‘Online since…’ when viewing the device grid.