Follow these instructions to set up your Plume with your modem that is connected to a seperate router.
- Download Plume app and sign up to start the setup.
- Restart your modem.
- Disconnect your router from the VoIP phone if you wish to set up Plume as your new router and connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your modem via network cable that comes with your Plume starter pack.
Alternatively, you can also connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your router via network cable to keep using your existing router. You can leave your devices connected to the router if you wish to.
- Set up new WiFi name and password on the app.
- Plug additional pods in different rooms. You can also connect these pods via network cable in order to get stronger WiFi network. Please follow Pod Connection Guidelines in order to avoid common mistakes.
- Connect your devices (including your phone) to your new WiFi wirelessly. You can also connect devices to pods or router via network cable or switch.
- Turn off your router WiFi.