Follow these instructions to set up your Plume with your modem that is connected to a seperate router.
- Download Plume app and sign up to start the setup.
- Restart your modem.
- Disconnect your router from the VoIP phone if you wish to set up Plume as your new router and connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your modem via network cable that comes with your Plume starter pack.
Alternatively, you can also connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your router via network cable to keep using your existing router. You can leave your devices connected to the router if you wish to.
- Set up new Wi-Fi name and password on the app.
- Plug additional pods in different rooms. You can also connect these pods via network cable in order to get stronger Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your devices (including your phone) to your new Wi-Fi wirelessly. You can also connect devices to pods or router via network cable or switch.
- Turn off your router Wi-Fi.