Plume is currently working to resolve a known issue that affects a small number of users, where Plume networks may not return online automatically after an ISP outage or firmware upgrade.
When the gateway SuperPod (connected directly to a modem) goes offline, it requires a hard reset (unplug & plug) to bring it back online. This only affects SuperPod gateways setup in Router Mode.
Who does this impact?
You may be affected if all of the following are true:
- Gateway SuperPod is in Router mode.
- Gateway SuperPod has an Ethernet connected device occupying the 2nd Ethernet port.
- Devices frequently going into a "power save mode" such as Apple TVs, may trigger this more frequently
How to restore your Plume network connection
To bring your network back online:
- Disconnect the ethernet device connected to your gateway SuperPod and reboot the SuperPod.
If you still are unable to bring your network online:
- Disconnect the ethernet device connected to your gateway SuperPod.
- Disconnect both your SuperPod gateway and modem from power for ~15 seconds.
- Reconnect your modem.
- Reconnect your SuperPod.
As Plume is developing a permanent solution, we can avoid running into this issue by connecting your Ethernet client device via WiFi or another Pod instead.