Plume Motion uses Plume SuperPods and the WiFi connected devices in your home to detect motion. It is a smart motion detection system that also informs you when family members or guests arrive or leave.
Plume Motion Features
- Live View - Take a look inside your network to see where the motion is currently happening.
- Motion Alerts - Receive push notifications when motion takes place, based on when people are at home.
- Motion History - Review the past 24 hours or 7 days of motion history in your home.
- Personalization - Plume Motion settings can be customized to fit you, your family and your home, including motion sensitivity, pet mode, Motion Alert frequency, and where motion detection is tracked in your home.
How does Plume Motion work?
Plume Motion detects the disturbances in WiFi signals between your SuperPods or between a SuperPod and a motion capable device. These disturbances in the signal are translated into Motion events, which you can use to keep yourself aware of activity in your home.
What do I need for Plume Motion?
Plume Motion is included with your Plume membership. You will also need to have at least one SuperPod being used as the Gateway pod, a few WiFi connected devices. The initial launch for this feature will be for members in the US, although will be available for European Plume members soon afterward.
- SuperPod Firmware 2.6.0 or higher
- iOS app version 2.7.4 or Android app version 2.3.6 or later
Note: Plume Motion will be enabled for SuperPod only networks at launch. Plume Motion will become available for networks with a SuperPod gateway along with other pod types a couple of weeks after the initial launch.
Is there anything else I need to set up for Plume Motion?
To properly enable Motion Alert push notifications and also receive notifications when people are arriving and leaving your home, you need to create profiles for people and assign each of them a primary device.