Control your WiFi network with the your voice with Amazon Alexa and the HomePass skill. It’s never been easier—or quicker—to manage your home’s WiFi.
Via Alexa App
1) Open the Alexa App
2) Tap on More
3) Select Skill & Games
4) Search for the Plume Skill
5) Tap on Enable Skill
6) Link the skill by signing into your Plume account with your Plume credentials
7) Select the location you want Amazon Alexa to be connected to. You will only be able to use Amazon Alexa with this selected location.
8) Authorize Amazon Alexa to be linked to your Plume account
How to invoke Alexa
Once you have linked the Plume Skill with Alexa, always start with "Alexa, ask Plume..." and then follow up with the specific command.
Parameters such as a person's name or timeframe can be used with most commands, so sure to create people profiles and assign them devices.
|...what is my Network Speed?||Alexa will respond back with your location's Internet speed. This provides the most recent ISP Speed Test result.|
|...freeze Owen's phone.||Alexa will pause the Internet for Owen's phone until it is resumed. This command sets an indefinite Device Freeze for a device until it is resumed.|
...pause the internet for Owen's phone for 60
|Alexa will pause the internet for Owen's phone for 60 minutes. This is similar to setting a custom Time Out for a single person.|
|...pause Owen's devices.||Alexa will pause (Time Out) all personal devices under Owen for 15 minutes.|
|...pause Olivia's iPad at bedtime.||Alexa will pause Olivia's iPad at bedtime. Only preset times in HomePass can be used, so be sure to set up a Bedtime device Freeze schedule.|
|...pause Olivia's iPad from 5 pm to 6 pm.||Alexa will pause Olivia's iPad's Wifi from 5 pm to 6 pm.|
|...resume the Wi-Fi for Owen's phone.||Alexa will resume the Wi-Fi for Owen's phone.|
|...freeze all devices.||Alexa will freeze all Personal devices. Devices not assigned to people will not be frozen. This command is similar to placing a global Time Out for all people.|
|...resume internet for all devices.||Alexa will resume the internet for all Personal devices (Assigned to People).|
|...where is Olivia's phone connected to?||Alexa will tell you which pod the device is connected to.|
What is considered a Personal Device?
A personal device is a device that has been assigned to a personal profile. That way when you tell Alexa to freeze all your devices, you don't freeze your IoT devices.
Can my primary device get frozen?
While the app traditionally does not allow you to Timeout your primary devices, you are able to freeze and unfreeze your primary device with voice.
Tips & Tricks?
The following tips can help you get the most out of your Amazon Alexa integration
1) Set up people profiles in your app and assign devices to them. We suggest you keep your Alexa devices out of these profiles, so you don't freeze them using voice.
2) Name your devices something easy to remember when you give commands. Numbers within device and profile names are sometimes tricky and interpreted differently by Alexa.
3) Set unique names for your devices
4) If your devices are on a private network, switching that off on your device will enable a better "Control" experience
5) We do not limit which devices can be paused with Alexa. We suggest ensuring you either have one Alexa device outside of a person profile or a HomePass app not paused so you can resume the internet on your devices. If you freeze your primary device, you can just unfreeze it using Alexa.