If only those pods could talk! There are many possible reasons why one or more of your pods would appear disconnected or offline.
Entire Plume Network is Offline
If you have received a Plume alert stating your network is offline, follow these steps to bring it back up.
- Unplug the modem from power for at least 30 seconds while the Gateway pod is still plugged in by Ethernet and into power.
- Plug the modem back into power and wait until the modem is fully restarted and its LEDs indicate there is an internet connection.
- Wait at least 2 minutes until pod's LED stops blinking
- If the Pod LED continues blinking and does not come back online, please contact support.
Single or a few Pods are offline
- The Pod is unplugged or is not receiving any power.
- Check if the outlet has power by plugging in another Pod or any other appliance to confirm. When pods are first plugged in, the LED should always turn on solid briefly and then start to slowly pulse as it is trying to connect to the cloud. Once connected it will then turn off.
- If the outlet is switched, make sure no one else is turning it off by accident.
- If the outlet is okay and the pod's LED does not come on at all when it is first plugged in, this indicates there is likely something wrong with the pod. Please contact Plume Support.
- The pod is too far away from any other connected pod.
- When offline, the LED will be slowly pulsing as it tries to connect to the cloud, and will continue to do so if it cannot connect.
- Move the pod closer to another pod or in the same location as a known working pod. The pod should connect and the LED will turn off.
- Use the pod health indicator to check signal quality. Poor signal is often a reason for pods intermittently going offline.
- If it is a range issue add another pod to your Plume network.
- There may be an unusual issue preventing your pod from connecting to the rest of the network. Contact support for assistance.
- If there is no reason the pod cannot connect by wireless to another pod, the pod may defective. Please contact Plume Support to confirm and if needed, process a replacement. The replacement is free of charge as long as the pod is still within the warranty period.