Unlike the ISP Speed Test feature, this speed test measures the device's connection through the pods all the way to the internet.
- Go into the area of your home where you wish to check the WiFi performance.
- Ensure your mobile device running the HomePass app is connected to your HomePass network.
- Find your device under your profile in the People menu or from the device list in the Settings menu. The mobile device running the HomePass app will show the Plume logo.
- On the device details screen, tap on the option for Device Internet Speed. The test will check both the upload and download.
- Use the retry option if the speed test fails use the retry button.
- The latest speed test result will always be displayed.
Running a speed test may affect the performance of other connected devices. The Device Speed Test will not be available if your network is offline, you are not connected to your HomePass network, or if the speed test servers are temporarily unresponsive. If this is the case, please check your connection and try running the test again later.
Follow the instructions below if you are using a version of HomePass prior to 3.91
- From the main screen, tap your device icon.
- Tap on Device Speed Test and the test will run automatically for the first time.
- Tap the Retry button to run the test again
If the Device Speed Test fails, wait a few moments and tap Retry button to try again