PowerPods have dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi radios. We have seen single device WiFi speeds of up to 350 Mbps for devices connected to PowerPods in ideal lab situations.
The SuperPod is tri-band, adding an additional 5GHz 4x4 MIMO WiFi radio to increase speeds and coverage throughout the home. For real-world single device maximum speeds on a SuperPod one hop away from the gateway pod, you can expect up to 400-450 Mbps. We have seen raw single device WiFi speeds of up to 850 Mbps on a SuperPod under ideal lab situations.
Maximum device WiFi speed is dependent on several factors such as:
- Internet connection speed
- Overall network traffic
- Number and type of hops to the gateway pod
- Type of network application
- Environmental radio interference and signal strength of the connections
- WiFi capabilities of the client device and its distance from a pod
For more information about the WiFi capabilities of both pods, click here for tech specs.