If a Pod displays “Poor health” and you are noticing an impact, there are a few steps you can take to improve its health:
Move pods closer to each other
- Remember that pods work as a team, so they want to be close enough to communicate with one another. Consider distances around 15'-20' for Pods and 30'-40' for SuperPods, which can still vary largely depending on the building materials used in your home.
- Homes with dense walls need pods closer together than those with lighter construction.
- Even moving a pod to an opposite wall in the same room can sometime help create a stronger and more reliable connection for that pod.
- Place the pods on the inside walls of the home, to build a strong core network to improve performance.
- When mixing Pods and SuperPods, always ensure the SuperPods are connected to your modem or modem/router and that they are at the core of your network. This will give Pods a higher performing foundation.
Hardwire Pods to your router or switch
If your home is wired and you have available ports that connect back to a switch or router, hardwiring pods to those ports to other areas in your home will improve performance. If you have a Pod and SuperPod hybrid network, the SuperPods should have access to these wired backhaul connections.
Keep Pods in the open and away from metallic objects
- Avoid metal or other reflective objects in between your pods.
- Avoid obstacles in the way of connecting pods (such as kitchen and laundry appliances, metallic piping, metallic waste bins, or large mirrors).
- No huge furniture right in front of the pod.
Eliminate sources of interference
- Find sources of interference and eliminate them.
- Consumer electronics like baby monitors, cordless phones, video senders, microwaves, etc. will cause interference on the same channels used by your Wi-Fi
- Ensure your old Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Move your Pods further away from sources of interference.
If an issue arises with the connection health of one of your pods, you will be notified through the App. Otherwise, you can view the connection health of a pod at any time by selecting any blank space of the App’s landing screen, followed by the pod you’d like to check.