Follow these instructions to set up your Plume with your modem that is connected to a seperate router.
- Download Plume app and sign up to start the setup.
- Restart your modem.
- Disconnect your Airport Extreme or Capsule from the modem if you wish to set up Plume as your new router and connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your modem via network cable that comes with your Plume starter pack.
Alternatively, you can also connect one of your Plume pods to a LAN port on your Airport Extreme or Capsule via network cable to keep using it as a router.
- Set up new WiFi name and password on the app.
- Plug additional pods in different rooms. You can also connect these pods via network cable in order to get stronger WiFi network.
- Connect your devices (including your phone) to your new WiFi wirelessly. You can also connect devices to pods or router via network cable or switch.
- Turn off the WiFi on your Airport Extreme or Capsule WiFi.