As of Firmware Version 2.2.0-12, SmartThings Wifi now supports wired backhaul for all nodes.
How to setup Wired backhaul
- Setup your SmartThings Wifi Hubs, using wireless to backhaul traffic to the Gateway unit (SmartThings Wifi Hub connected to the modem or router by Ethernet).
- Once all SmartThings Wifi hubs have been added to the network, disconnect them from power.
- Connect them to your router, switch or Gateway SmartThings Wifi Hub by Ethernet.
- Plug them all back into power.
- Enjoy the improved performance!