Plume Motion uses a behind-the-scenes algorithm to pick the devices that are best suited for motion detection. While each SuperPod will only use up to 3 devices to detect motion, we recommend leaving all devices selected in your WiFi Motion Devices list to allow the algorithm to pick the devices and provide the best motion detection results. The algorithm will run every 10 minutes evaluating the connection of all devices used for Motion and switching to new devices if it determines one is better suited at that time.
Which devices should I choose to detect motion?
Only 3 devices connected to each SuperPod can be used to detect motion. We recommend leaving all devices in the Motion Detection Devices list selected for optimal performance, but if you would like to manually choose which devices can be used, the following guidelines will help you get the most coverage in your home.
- Limit your selections to one device in each room to detect motion.
- Only choose devices that will remain static.
- Avoid choosing devices that are battery operated or may frequently go into a low-power state. Always-on devices such as voice assistants and other smart home devices are good candidates.
- Since SuperPods are already being used to detect motion, avoid choosing devices that are either in the same room or very close to them.
- Use the Live View feature to test the motion detection in each room.
How do I access and modify the Motion Detection Devices list?
If you choose more devices than the limit, the cloud will only use the 3 most appropriate devices connected to each SuperPod from your choices.
- Tap on the Plume Motion icon on the top-right of the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Select WiFi Motion devices.
- Choose your devices from the list and tap the green check mark to save.
- From the home screen, tap on the menu button and choose Motion.
- Tap on Motion detection devices. All available motion capable devices will be in the list.
- Check only the devices in the list that you want to use.
- From the Motion Detection screen, you can also use the gears icon to access the Physical Security menu.
If the device you are trying to choose is not appearing in the list, click here to find out why and how to add them to the list.